- Items from our Vintage selection have had a previous life. This means items will not be absolutely perfect and will have some signs of use or wear. We appreciate those signs of patina that show that an item has some age and we hope you do too. If you have any questions about an item, please do email us – we are always happy help with more information.
- We state any signs of damage that are beyond normal age wear in the item description and also price our items accordingly. If you prefer your home-ware to look ‘brand-spanking-new’, then maybe vintage isn’t for you.
- Our vintage electrical items & lighting have been refurbished with new modern 3 core earthed wiring, new UK plugs and new lamp-holder sockets wherever possible.
- When new push-switch lamp-holders are used, they are safety lamp-holders, which means that the push-switch is disabled until a light-bulb is inserted.
- All vintage electrical items are in full working order. However, for your own safety, we recommend that you arrange to have your vintage electrical purchase checked over by a qualified electrician, before use.
- We use Paypal exclusively online. You can use all major credit cards via your Paypal account.
- At our Brixham Boutique, we accept all major credit cards.
- We offer Free Delivery within the UK on our own brand Cushions and Wallpaper.
- Vintage Selection – Smaller items will have a Postage & Packing charge added at point of purchase at
the checkout screen. Larger items & furniture will be primarily charged without delivery. We will then email you an invoice for delivery. This will need to be paid before your item is shipped.
- If you would like us to provide a delivery quote, please email us prior to purchase.
- All orders will be shipped within 2 working days of receiving payment.
- We will notify you as soon as your order has been shipped, along with your tracking information.
- We ship Worldwide.
- Any prices quoted in the item description are for UK delivery only, so please email us prior to purchase for a delivery quote to your country.
- Please be aware of any customs charges that you may incur, as we can take no responsibility for any import customs duties & charges to your country.
- Please allow 5 working days for delivery within the UK.
- International orders will take longer – usually around 10-14 working days.
- If you need your item quickly – we can usually arrange courier services or next day delivery within the UK. Please contact us by email to discuss this.
- All orders will require a signature upon receipt. If no-one is home to sign, your order will be returned to the carrier’s local depot and instructions will be left about how to arrange re-delivery.
- We cannot re-direct or change the delivery address on an order once it has been processed.
- We will combine postage costs for multiple purchases, wherever possible. Please note, it is not always feasible to do this, so there may be the odd occasion where we need to contact you for the additional costs.
- We will always endeavour to do our best with postage costs, and will reimburse you via Paypal if you are grossly overcharged on postage at the point of Checkout.
- We make sure that we pack all items securely so that they arrive to you safely.
We use good quality boxes and packing materials.
- In the unlikely event that you receive something that has been damaged in transit, please let us know straight away, and keep all original packaging. In this situation we will refund your item plus postage. We will require you to email us photographs of the item & packaging as you received it, before your refund can be processed.
- We want you to be happy with your Tooth & Claw purchase. If there is a problem with your purchase, please contact us within 7 days of receipt, by email and we will be happy to help you.
- Any refunds made, will be the full purchase price of the item.
- Unfortunately, we cannot refund postage or delivery costs. Return delivery will be at your own expense.
- Please re-pack your return carefully and send via a Signed For / Insured service as goods lost in the post, received back damaged or in an unfit condition for re-sale will not be refunded.
- Please do not return items without first letting us know by email
- None of the above affects your statutory rights as a United Kingdom consumer.
- If you opt to create an account with us, or join our Mailing List, we promise that we will not share this information with anyone else.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for high-resolution images of any available item from our current stock
All material on the Tooth & Claw website is strictly copyright ©2016 all rights reserved.
The phrase “artisans of home-styling” is a trademark of Tooth & Claw. Its use by other agents or parties is strictly forbidden and will be aggressively defended.
Tooth & Claw cannot be held responsible or accept any liability for any damage or loss to life, property or possessions relating to the purchase, receipt, storage, use or disposal of any of the items advertised, offered or sold here on our website. Your submission of an order is your acknowledgement of and your agreement to the same.
Please always remember that you are buying authentic vintage and antique items, which will most often show signs of their age. We strive to describe these items as accurately as possible but is not always possible to pinpoint every minute flaw – please bear this in mind when
purchasing and if you think you may prefer something which is 100% pristine, then Tooth & Claw vintage may not be for you.
We endeavour to ensure that the information contained on this site is true and accurate, however, we cannot give any warranty to that
effect. We cannot be responsible for the consequences of reliance on that information. However, this disclaimer is not intended to affect your statutory rights.
Please note that we cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of materials viewable from this site which are not provided or
maintained by us. These materials may be provided by (but not limited to) links, frames and portals.
Intellectual property rights.
The pages of this site may be downloaded or copied for the purposes for which the site is intended, such copies may only be used by you and within your organisation, and not for any commercial use without our express written consent. All copyrights and trademark notices, marks, disclaimers and other such elements must be preserved and upheld at all times.
By agreeing to order products on this site the buyer agrees to buy at the price and in the way described on the site. The sellers acceptance
of the order is conditional on receipt of payment, the ability of the seller to provide the product or service and there being no error or innocent misrepresentation by either party. Where, for any reason the product/service cannot be provided within 30 days any payment will be fully refunded. All refunds are given at the discretion of the company management .
The buyer accepts responsibility for judging the suitability of the product for the buyers required purpose.
The products, any advice, and the presentation of the products have been prepared in accordance with English Law, but the seller does
not claim that they necessarily accord with the laws of other countries.
To the extent permitted by law the seller excludes any warranties in relation to the product. However, the buyers statutory rights are
The buyer acknowledges that the seller may retain and use the buyers details provided with this order. The seller confirms that it will
not pass these details to other parties without the buyers consent, except to the extent required to perform this contract.
Any sale or service is subject to English law and the sole jurisdiction of the English courts.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
The law relating to businesses operating within the United Kingdom requires that we specify what information is collected from our
customers, under what circumstances, how it is stored and how it is used. Here is our Data Protection Statement:
The Data Protection Act 1998: The Data Protection Act 1998 (hereafter referred to as “The Act”) is a statutory act of the government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The Act defines what types of data are allowed to be collected, how they should be
stored and what can and cannot be done with that information. In particular The Act states that personal data relating to individuals must be stored securely and only used for legitimate purposes.
Definitions: “Us” means “Tooth and Claw” as defined elsewhere on this website.
“Customer” means anyone who requests services from us and has entered into a contract with us.
“Contract” means the contract between us and the customer covering the supply of services by us to the customer.
Personal Data Collected (Part 1): The following customer data is collected by us as part of the formation of a contract between our
customers and us and is necessary for us to enter into said contract with the customer. In addition, some of this data is also collected each time customers request services from us (either via our web site or via email or written communication):
1.customer’s full name.
2.The customer’s full mailing address.
3.The customer’s email address.
4.The customer’s telephone and/or mobile telephone number(s)
5.The customer’s marital status and any messages as part of emails or
6.The customers message included with any email or order to Tooth and Claw.
What the above information is used for: The information collected above is used solely to implement our contract with the customer (setting up of an account with us, supplying of goods by us and the issuing of invoices by us) and is not disclosed to any third party or used for any other purpose.
Where the above information is kept: The above information is maintained on an electronic computer storage device used solely by us and
only available to us.
Personal Data Collected (Part 2): The following information is logged by our web and mail servers when customers contact us by these means:
1.The internet protocol address (IP address) of the computer used to send the request.
2.The version of web browser and the computer operating system used to send the request.
3.The email address of the requestee.
What the above information is used for:
The information collected above is used solely for the purposes of implementing the contract between us and the customer, monitoring
web and mail usage and the diagnosing and rectifying of problems that may occur.
Where the above information is kept: The above information is maintained on the server logs and is used solely by us and only available to
If you have further questions or want to see the personal data we hold: If you require further information or clarification of any of the
statements made above, please contact us. We respect the personal privacy of our customers and their right to access the information held about them by us.
Any customer wishing to obtain a copy of the information about them held by us should contact us (in writing) asking for the information. A charge of £10 sterling is levied for each request.